Adults value weird things children can’t relate to, often involving time and space. Here are some examples:
- Clean bed sheets
- Having zero plans for the weekend
- Having plans cancelled
- Finding the perfect carpark
- Enjoying a morning cuppa before everyone wakes up
- Being left alone for the day
- Crossing everything off the to-do list
- An empty inbox
- A full tank of petrol
- A bath
- A daytime nap
- Clean windows
- Finding the correct Tupperware and lid right away
- The sound of a Champagne cork popping
It’s no coincidence that almost all these simple pleasures are not about owning lots of stuff. Often when we simplify and declutter, we make room for pure joy.
Here are some more.
Can you think of anything else?