You’ve watched the shows, bought the books and splashed out on products that make big promises about organising your space. Maybe it’s time to call in the experts. Here are 10+ signs you need a Professional Organiser.
You need a Professional Organiser if:
- You have a lot of stuff you don’t know what to do with. Stay or go? Sell or donate? To who? But what a waste! So you pile it into the garage … for now. Sound familiar?
- You feel overwhelmed with your stuff. There is just … so much of it!
- You don’t know what you own. I thought I had a bike pump … somewhere. Do I actually still own a hair straightener? etc.
- You are unable to use one or more space as you would like. Can’t park in the garage because it’s full of junk? Can’t put guests in the spare room for the same reason? Won’t use your office for Zoom meetings because the background is shamefully cluttered? Can’t sleep in your own bedroom? (yep, it happens)
- You can’t put your belongings away because there is no room in the cupboards. So the benches and other flat surfaces are filling up and becoming storage spaces.
- You don’t entertain because it’s too embarrassing. Better to go out instead.
- You end up re-purchasing things you already own because you can’t find them. Much easier to pop to the shops and get more scissors than go through all the junk drawers.
- You often think life would be easier if only you had more storage. Fantasising about more shelving, another shed or a larger house are signs your stuff may have control of you rather than the other way around.
- You need decluttering accountability. You know what to do but you never get around to it.
- Your situation is changing. Shifting house, downsizing, and altering the number of house members will mean a re-evaluation of your stuff and where it belongs.
- You have a junk room. The name itself is a red flag.
If you answered yes to more than a couple of these or can think of any other reasons, you need a Professional Organiser so reach out and get in touch.